Despite Covid-19 restrictions, protocols and lockdowns you can still create a memorable Valentine’s Day experience – check out the Valentine’s Day/Weekend specials being offered at some top South African hotels and lodges and check in for that extra-special Valentine’s weekend with your extra-special someone!
The 5-star Turbine Boutique Hotel and Spa situated on Thesen Islands, Knysna – one of the country’s most unusual hotels housed in what was once an old power station offers luxury and standard hotel rooms, self-catering and semi-self-catering suites, a honeymoon suite, exceptional facilities – the elegant Island Café restaurant, the cosy Gastro Pub, the Turbine Spa and the Turbine Water Club which offers various water-based activities. Its two Valentine’s Specials: the Two-Night Special at R5 190 per room – valid for Friday 11 and Saturday 12 February only, includes Bed and Breakfast, a 45min couples back, neck and shoulder massage at Turbine Spa, and a romantic turndown platter and the One-Night Special at R2 850 per room – valid for Saturday 12 February only, includes breakfast and a 45min couples back, neck and shoulder massage. Ts & Cs apply. Booking is essential. To book call Reservations on 044 302 5746 or email email@example.com and for further information visit www.turbinehotel.co.za
Thanda Safari, in the heart of Zululand in KwaZulu Natal – meaning Love in isiZulu, Thanda Safari, a Big Five game reserve is the perfect place where couples can experience the bush, the Big Five, Valentine sundowner cocktails, romantic meals and a special Valentine’s eventin the bush on Saturday – Romance with a capital R! Thanda’s Valentine’s Weekend of Romance Package from R6 500 per person sharing (only valid for the Valentine’s weekend) includes two nights’ accommodation (Friday 11 and Saturday 12 February) at the luxurious Thanda Tented Camp (safari-style tents with private viewing deck and en-suite bathroom), four game drives with expert guide and tracker, all meals and selected local beverages. A conservation levy (R220 per person per stay), gratuities and all items of a personal nature are not included. Rates for a bush suite at Thanda Safari Lodge and the exclusive-use, five-suite Villa iZulu are available on request. There’s always something special at Thanda Safari – a proud member of The Leading Hotels of the World and a multiple award-winner most recently at the World Travel Awards for World’s Leading Luxury Private Villa 2021 (Villa iZulu) and World’s Leading Safari Lodge 2021 (Thanda Safari Lodge). Ts & Cs apply. Thanda Safari – firstname.lastname@example.org, +27 (0) 32 586 0149, www.thandasafari.co.za
Walkersons Hotel & Spa, near Dullstroom in Mpumalanga – this exclusive 5-star, 27-room boutique hotel located on 800 hectares of peaceful countryside is ideal for exclusive weekend breaks, weddings or business conferences and of course Valentine’s. Along with the surrounding pristine scenery and fly-fishing in Dullstroom’s famous trout dams its delicious cuisine is one of its biggest attractions – The Flying Scotsman and The Terrace restaurants cater for both guests and day visitors. Walkersons Hotel & Spa invites you and your valentine to a romantic Valentine’s weekend with a great 35% discount for a two – night stay (Friday 11 and Saturday 12 February 2022). Enjoy a special Valentine’s menu, a complimentary glass of champagne at dinner and a small gift to celebrate. The 35% discount for a two-night’s booking is valid for the month of February (but without all the ‘romantic trimmings’). Bookings – email@example.com or 013 253 7000, www.walkersons.co.za
Eendracht Hotel & Apartments, in the heart of the oldest part of Stellenbosch – for its romantic One Night Stay for TwoValentine’s Day Package atR2 929 (Bed and Breakfast for two). With arrival on Saturday 12 February and departure on Sunday 13 February, this package includes Bubbly at the pool on arrival, a three-course Dinner at Senobia’s; on Sunday the choice of one ‘activity’ (after check-out, depending on availability and self-drive) – a Russian Tea Ceremony at Hazendal, or a Couples massage, or a Picnic Brunch (skip the breakfast and sleep in a bit) at Stellenbosch Botanical Gardens or a Wine tasting and Chocolate pairing at Blaauwklippen. This package is only available for overnight on Saturday 12 February – enquire for a special rate to stay a second night. T&C’s apply. Eendracht is a member of Cape Country Routes. Enquiries: Tel: +27 21 883 8843, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.eendracht-hotel.com
De Hoop Collection in the De Hoop Nature Reserve one of the Western Cape’s largest and most beautiful nature reserves, offers not only world-class whale-watching, accommodation options designed to suit all budgets and outdoor activities in abundance but also a great ‘Valentine’s Day’ weekend Special. Spend the Valentine’sweekend with your valentine at De Hoop in a suite for two nights, enjoy romantic dinners at The Fig Tree Restaurant and breakfasts on the verandah watching the birds on the vlei at only R4 450 per couple per night (R2 275 per person per night) on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis, a complimentary bird walk is included. Valid for the month of February 2022. De Hoop Collection is a member of Cape Country Routes. Ts & Cs apply. Booking is essential – phone 021-422 4522 or email email@example.com, www.dehoopcollection.com
And for a luxurious Valentine’s experience take a look at what RAW Africa Boutique Collection (formerly known as Cape Summer Villas Boutique Collection) – a privately-owned hotel group with a collection of exclusive Western Cape properties along the Cape Coast – has on offer…
- Offering world-leading luxury accommodation in Plettenberg Bay RAW Africa Boutique Collection’s luxurious 5-star Sky Villa Boutique Hotel is the place to be! Perched on a hilltop with breathtaking views of ocean, mountains and lagoon this boutique hotel is known for its lush indigenous gardens, cutting-edge design and warm hospitality. For a premium Valentine’s celebration- of- love book Sky Villa’s Perfect Date Package – R5 200 per couple – includes a two- night stay, a complimentary bottle of Bramon Blanc de Blanc MCC on arrival, a R1 000 Sky Villa Food & Beverage voucher and a 60min Thai Oil Massage (courtesy of Royal Thai Plett). Valid from February to end June 2022. Subject to availability. Ts & Cs apply. Booking is essential. Contact: +27 87 550 2967, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.capesummervillas.co.za
- The Bungalow, RAW Africa Boutique Collection’s beachside haven in Plettenberg Bay is perfect for a romantic getaway. A stone’s throw from the water’s edge at Hobie Beach and with expansive sea views it provides the ultimate experience in beachside living. For the ultimate in romantic treats book The Bungalow’s Perfect Date Package – R5 200 per couple – includes a two-night stay, a complimentary bottle of Bramon Blanc de Blanc MCC on arrival, a R1 000 Bungalow Food & Beverage Voucher and a 60 min Thai Oil Massage (courtesy of Royal Thai Plett). Valid from February to end June 2022. Subject to availability. Ts & Cs apply. Booking is essential. Contact: +27 44 533 1864, email@example.com, www.capesummervillas.co.za
- RAW Africa Boutique Collection’s distinctive Spanish Farm Guest Lodge in Somerset West with a peaceful ambience and typical warm South African hospitality is a slice of paradise. It offers luxury air-conditioned Guesthouse bedrooms, self-catering Villas with lush indigenous gardens, stunning scenery and panoramic views of False Bay and the surrounding mountains. For your Valentine’s getaway take advantage of Spanish Farm’s Romantic Escape Package – two nights at the Spanish Farm Guest Lodge – R6 800 for the Honeymoon Villa – includes breakfast, a complimentary bottle of (non-alcoholic) wine/bubbly and a 60min Thai massage for two. Valid for the month of February 2022 only. Spanish Farm Guest Lodge is the recipient of the Hotels Combined’s 2020 Recognition of Excellence Award in recognition for consistently achieving the highest standards of customer satisfaction worldwide. Ts & Cs apply. Contact: +27 21 852 7352, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.capesummervillas.co.za
- The elegantly furnished, self-catering apartments at The Den Apartments by RAW Africa Boutique Collection in Stellenbosch are fitted with the finest in fixtures, appliances and linen and feature interior design by Clara’s Interiors, a communal rooftop deck with pool, a braai area and views of the nearby mountain range. Centrally situated it is close to many of Stellenbosch’s top restaurants, and with easy access to all roads through the winelands it is perfect for tourists, holidaymakers and those wanting a romantic hideaway for Valentine’s. The Den Apartments by RAW Africa Boutique COLLECTION’S Romantic Hideaway Special – a two-night stay at R3 000 for a Studio apartment includes a cheese board with a complimentary bottle of wine/bubbly (non-alcoholic) and an hour-long in-room massage for two. This offer is valid for the month of February 2022 only. Ts & Cs apply. Contact: +27 66 297 4358, email@example.com, www.capesummervillas.co.za
And take a look at the Cape Country Routes’ (a leading group of owner operated and managed accommodation and activity establishments) collection of privately owned hotels, lodges and guest houses, tours and activities on the scenic and historic routes of the Cape, for the ideal destination for Valentine’s …
- The Agulhas Country Lodge – a Cape Country Routes property – a paradise in L’Agulhas at the southernmost tip of Africa. Its elevated position offers guests remarkable sea views from nearly every vantage point. With its eight en-suite rooms, all with sea-view balconies, a bar with an enclosed balcony also with stunning views of the sea and its décor of antique wood and fireplaces, Agulhas Country Lodge’s romantic ambience is perfect for Valentine’s – and to further enhance your Valentine’s getaway at Agulhas Country Lodge there is a 40 % discount (R 660 per person including full breakfast) for a honeymoon suite for two people for two nights for bookings on 11,12,13 and 14 February only (minimum two nights stay). Ts & Cs apply. Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.capecountryroutes.com
- The elegant Evergreen Manor & Spa in the historical heart of Stellenbosch offers gracious living and an old-world charm combined with every modern convenience. Its spacious guest rooms feature high ceilings and fine period and antique furnishings – there two lounges, a sun deck, a swimming pool, an intimate spa and a beautiful garden. Situated close to the centre of the town this country guesthouse makes a perfect base for exploring the surrounding wine estates and the entire area. Evergreen’s Valentine’s special offer at R1 450 per person per night sharing and valid from 1 to 15 February 2022, includes two nights for two in a Luxury King Room on a Bed & Breakfast basis, a complimentary bottle of Bubbly, a 15% discount on all Spa body treatments and a full day Wine Tour on the Vine Hopper.
- The sustainable, eco-conscious Gonana Guesthouse is located in the fishing village of Paternoster. Its luxury accommodation – seven en-suite guestrooms, one self-catering unit The Studio and two spanking new self-catering cottages (pet-friendly) with breathtaking sea views from the balconies – provides the perfect option for those seeking privacy for a romantic Valentine’s weekend. Its Valentine’s Eco-Beach Breakaway special at R1 350 per double room per night includes a 30 minute back, neck and shoulder massage per person, plus a glass of bubbly on arrival. This special is valid for all bookings 14-21 February 2022. Ts & Cs apply. Enquiries: email@example.com, www.capecountryroutes.com
- The 4-star Montagu Country Hotel, Montagu – a hallmark Cape Country Routes property – conveniently located halfway between Cape Town and the Garden Route is the perfect ‘far from the madding crowds’ destination for a romantic Valentine’s getaway. With its lush green gardens, rooms and self-catering suites, excellent facilities – Charleston’s restaurant, an art gallery, a spa, warm country hospitality and its fabulous Valentine’s Two-Night Package, the Montagu Country Hotel, arguably the most authentic Art Deco hotel in South Africa, will transport you to a bygone era. The Valentine’s Two-Night Package at R4 500 per couple – valid for the whole month of February 2022 includes Bed and Breakfast for two nights for two in a Classic room (upgrade to a Luxury room subject to availability), a couples massage, a snack platter for two with a bottle of wine and a village tour in a classic Cadillac Sedan De Ville (from the hotel’s American Dream Cars fleet). A Valentine’s with a difference is a guarantee! Ts & Cs apply. Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.capecountryroutes.com
- Supertubes Guest House, just 30 meters from the world-famous surfing beach of Jeffreys Bay in the Eastern Cape, offers accommodation comprising standard and luxury rooms, and self-catering apartments – 11 Pepper with three en suite rooms, and 16 Pepper/‘Khaya Zinza’ with five en suite rooms, three with magnificent sea views. Aside from surfing there are plenty other activities including whale watching, surfing, fishing, Big Five game viewing, excursions and shopping. Supertubes special offer for Valentine’s is a cheese platter for two and a bottle of sparkling wine free of charge with every room booked for Valentine’s Day Monday 14 February 2022. Ts & Cs apply. Enquiries: email@example.com, www.capecountryroutes.com
- The Wildehondekloof Private Game Reserve situated 40 minutes from Oudtshoorn, with the magnificent Swartberg Mountains as a backdrop and sweeping views of the karoo fields, offers the bounty and breathtaking beauty of this 4 000-hectare reserve that guarantees a uniquely South African Safari ‘experience’. Part of the Cape Country Routes Collection, this family-owned, privately-operated and malaria-free game reserve is home to a luxury game lodge with nine en-suite and air-conditioned luxurious bedrooms, and a variety of animals – buck species including cape mountain zebra, giraffe and wildebeest, and diverse birdlife. There are many activities and things to do, from guided game drives to hiking, swimming, mountain biking and exploring the beautiful countryside. The perfect spot to celebrate the Valentines’ Day weekend – rates for a Single-Night Package (Dinner, Bed and Breakfast) start from R1 800 per person per night – and there’s a special Valentine’s treat of a free picnic basket for each couple staying over. This offer is valid for all bookings during February. Other packages that include game drives are available. Ts & Cs apply. Booking is essential. Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org, www.capecountryroutes.com
- The 4-star De ZeekoeGuest Farm – a stylish lucerne farm situatedjust 7 kms outside Oudtshoorn offers a choice of various accommodation types – from luxurious en suite rooms at the main house to luxurious private self-catering options, plus a variety of great activities – from hiking, biking and swimming to De Zeekoe’s exclusive Five Shy Meerkat tours – making it is an ideal destination for a getaway for families, and of course, Valentine’s couples. Surprise your loved one/significant other with a romantic getaway – De Zeekoe is offering rates for the Valentine’s Weekend – 12 to 14 February 2022 – from R800 per person per night for the self-catering cottages/R680 per person per night for rooms in the Main House (rates includes breakfast) , plus a complimentary welcome drink on arrival, and free biking. Ts & Cs apply. Enquiries: email@example.com, www.capecountryroutes.com
And for something completely different for Valentine’s try these Cape Country Routes activities…
- The award-winning shark cage diving and viewing company and boat-based whale watching based in Kleinbaai, Western Cape, the Marine Dynamics’/ Dyer Island Cruises’ fabulous 50% discount Valentine offer valid for the month of February. For a chance to see sharks, whales, dolphins, seals and penguins explore the world-famous Dyer Island ecosystem with an onboard marine biologist who will educate you as you get up close and personal with the magnificent marine wildlife. A free visit to the African Penguin and Seabird Sanctuary (a project of the owner- established Dyer Island Conservation Trust) is included. There is no better or healthier way to celebrate love, romance and Valentine’s than outside and on the sea! Ts & Cs apply. To book your Valentine’s spot contact: Marine Dynamics – 082 380 3405, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.marinedynamics.co.za Dyer Island Cruises (whale watching) – 082 801 8014, email@example.com, www.dyerislandcruises.co.za
- The ‘must-see, must do’ Cape Country Routes activity is the Safari Ostrich Farm, a working Ostrich farm situated 6 kms from the Ostrich capital of the world, Oudtshoorn. Get really ‘up close and personal’ with the world’s largest birds on a guided tour (the one and only tractor tour on an ostrich farm in South Africa). Learn how eggs are carved – how Ostrich feather products are made – see touch and feel Ostrich leather at Safari Ostrich Farm. Tours are offered daily, every hour between 08:00 – 16:00. And, valid for thewhole (Valentine’s) month of February 2022, Safari Ostrich Farm is offering a 20% discount on entry. This is an online special – tickets must be bought via the website – www.safariostrichfarm.co.za, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.capecountryroutes.com
- Tread Lite 4×4 hire, an enterprise with a passion for simplistic, no frills travel offers discerning travellers the best in off-road vehicles and equipment for the journey of a lifetime, or in this instance a fabulous Valentines’ weekend. Tread Lite’s Suzuki Jimny’s – the Gen3 1.3 Jimny and the new Gen4 1.5 Jimny (with a range of creature comforts – cruise and climate control, Bluetooth connectivity and Apple Carplay/Android Auto) are the perfect vehicles for any South African road trip starting from Johannesburg or Cape Town. And valid for all bookings during Valentine’s month of love, February 2022 – Tread Lite’s Valentine’s Special: Gen4 1.5 or the Gen3 1.3 Jimny – pay the long-stay rate (11+ days) for any booking of four or more days; book for 11 or more days and receive an additional 10% discount – receive a complimentary bottle of champagne – perfectly cooled in the fridge to make your camping weekend for two, extra special. “Embrace the journey, experience the wonders of South Africa, and make a positive impact as you tread lightly across our beautiful land.” Ts & Cs apply. Enquiries: email@example.com, www.capecountryroutes.com
Please note: In keeping with protocols regarding the Coronavirus, all these properties adhere to stringent health and safety cleaning protocols – the safety of their guests and staff being of the highest priority.