Bring your family and friends together to celebrate the start of 2023 and immerse yourself in the summer season festivities offered at The Maslow, Sandton.
“If you’re looking for a luxurious location to ring in the new year, look no further than our delicious New Year’s Eve dinner, which promises to be the best meal you’ve eaten this year,” said Maslow General Manager, Herman Swart.
Seafood lovers will enjoy tucking into freshly shucked Langebaan oysters and seafood cocktails, while mains include aged prime beef fillet steak with wild mushroom fricassee, mousseline potato and sautéed julienne of vegetables and grilled kingklip with lemon and herb sauce. End with Gateaux Opera and homemade strawberry cheesecake and fresh tropical fruit salad, or a cheese platter with nut brittle, fig preserve and melba toast.
The sounds of a live band will set the mood for an evening of enjoyment and dancing after dinner, as the countdown to 2023 approaches.
Those who need rejuvenation after a night of celebration can head to The Maslow for a New Year’s Brunch, a smorgasbord of fresh fruit, cereals, pastries and breads as well as cooked breakfast items from eggs to sausages and chicken livers. There will also be a carvery offering juicy roast lamb and chicken and vegetables. “Forget your New Year’s gym resolution to lose weight, and enjoy waffles, pancakes and French toast,” Swart said. The hotel also caters for vegan guests with dishes including chickpea pancakes with avocado, tomato and watercress, vegan white bean scramble with almond baby spinach and a delicious vegan curry.
If choosing between dinner and brunch is tricky, why not spend the night at The Maslow and enjoy both?
E V E N T D E T A I L S
Dates: Saturday, 31 December 2022 Sunday, 01 January 2023
Cost: New Year’s Eve diner R790 per person, R395 kids under 12
New Year’s Brunch R680 per person, R290 kids under 12
Bookings: For enquiries, please call (010) 224 4815 or (010) 226 4610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Venue: Lacuna Bistro Maslow Hotel, Sandton Corner Grayston Drive & Rivonia Road
New Year’s Eve menu options
AMUSE – BOUCHE (APPETISERS)
- Langebaan oysters, freshly shucked oysters served au naturel with lemon wedges, milled black pepper, tabasco
- Seafood Cocktail, dressed in Marie Rose sauce with black Lumpfish Caviar
- Saldanha bay clam, peas risotto, seared clams smothered in a pea risotto or lime zest and lashings of grana Padano lemon rocket dressed in extra virgin olive oil
- Marinated Bocconcini and Tomato Confit, asparagus spears and Pesto Vinaigrette
- Josper” 21 day aged prime Beef fillet steak, topped with wild Mushroom Fricassee, Mousseline Potato and sautéed Julienne of Vegetables or Baby Spinach Puree
- Grilled Kingklip Fish with Lemon Herb Sauce, with steamed rice or green vegetable
- Handmade Linguini pasta, Saffron gently sautéed with sundried tomatoes, Feta and Pesto sauce
- Gateaux Opera, homemade strawberry cheesecake and fresh tropical fruit salad
- Cheese platter, pistachio nut brittle, fig preserve, melba roast and karoo crumble
Served with freshly brewed highland tea and coffee