Amid our busy, modern-day lives with deadlines looming, never-ending to-do lists, and the incessant clamour for our attention, couples often find themselves like ships passing in the night. The desire for deep connection and closeness remains, but the challenge lies in finding the time and energy to nurture our relationships. Fortunately, there’s a simple solution that can work wonders: Date Nights.
Samantha Pillay, Director of ekko, a trailblazing lifestyle brand catering to millennials (and wife to Keshan Pillay for 8 years), highlights the profound impact that deliberate, devoted time spent focusing on one another can have on sustaining meaningful relationships. “By prioritising intimate date nights and setting aside dedicated moments to nurture these bonds, couples have the power to unlock a touch of magic and reignite the captivating spark that initially brought them together,” she says.
However, with the rising cost of living, financial constraints can often hinder couples from enjoying a night out, with little left in the budget for entertainment. Nevertheless, Pillay highlights the importance of prioritising and allocating both time and money to strike a healthy balance between responsibilities and relationships. She offers some classic date night suggestions, including budget-friendly options, that can be enjoyed through membership-based programmes like ekko and First Loyalty Plus. These experiences come with the added advantage of 2-for-1 deals or noteworthy discounts, making them more accessible and affordable.
“Date nights don’t have to be extravagant to be meaningful,” says Pillay who suggests 5 date night ideas to encourage romance without breaking the bank:
1. Catch-Up Coffee Date: Share a cosy coffee date, indulging in good old-fashioned conversation and truly connecting with your partner in a relaxed setting.
2. Make Out in the Movies: Relive the excitement of classic cinema experiences. Enjoy stolen kisses and the thrill of being transported back to a time when romance blossomed effortlessly.
3. Sexy Spa Day: Escape the daily grind and pamper yourselves with a day of relaxation and rejuvenation. Treat yourselves to massages, facials or body treatments that will not only make you feel incredible but heightens sensory awareness and mutual well-being.
4. Dinner and Dancing: Experience a blend of romance, connection and pure enjoyment at a dinner-dance restaurant. Indulge in a delicious meal and enjoy the intimacy of the dance floor whilst celebrating the joy of each other’s company.
5. Naughty Night Away: A weekend or night away does not have to cost a fortune. Prioritise pleasure, fun, and excitement in your relationship with a naughty night at a hotel or resort. Even a single night can work wonders by deepening your connection and rekindling the passion in your relationship.
Pillay explains that through an ekko lifestyle portfolio, members can cash in on massively discounted luxury holidays, restaurants, movies, spa and travel, and unlock next-level luxury living. “ekko is committed to empowering millennials to live their best lives and to making their money go further, extending to even the realm of date nights. These special interludes are not just about having fun; they are essential for solidifying emotional ties and creating shared experiences. By investing time and effort in them, couples can nurture loving relationships and grow together,” she concludes.
Visit www.ekko.co.za to see how you can benefit from a unique lifestyle portfolio and put the zing back in your relationship.