By Chef Dagný Rós
750g MSC-certified white fish (hake/haddock)
250-300g frozen spinach
1 cup (70g) cauliflower or broccoli
400-500g cottage cheese
1 tsp nutmeg
70-100g concentrated tomato puree
50-100 ml water
3-4 lasagne sheets (natural or green, with spinach)
1 cup (70g) grated cheese and parmesan (mix 2 kinds of cheese for taste)
2 tbsp flour (or spelt flour)
sea salt and black pepper
oil for frying
- First, preheat the oven to 180 °C. Then, cut the fish into pieces, generously coat them in flour and place them in a greased baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the leek finely and cut the cauliflower or broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Defrost the spinach, squeeze out the water and chop finely. Put the vegetables in a pan or wok and fry them briefly.
- Put the tomato puree and a little water in a pan on the fire and let it simmer a little. Season with salt and pepper. Then grate the nutmeg into the cottage cheese and spread it over the fish. Then lay the lasagne leaves on top.
- Next add a layer of the vegetable mixture and some of the tomato puree mix.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes covered with aluminium foil with holes. Then sprinkle with the ground cheese and place it back in the oven without the aluminium foil for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad or cooked vegetables.
If you have leftovers, remember that next – day lasagne always tastes even better than before!