By Chef Stina Algulin
450g MSC-certified haddock
2 tbsp fish/seafood stock
3 tbsp chopped dill
1 tbsp salt pinch black pepper
4 hamburger buns
8 lettuce leaves
1 big tomato
Optional: Potatoes to bake in the oven
200ml crème fraiche
2 tbsp mayonnaise
3 tbsp MSC-certified red lumpfish roe
1 red onion
2-3 tbsp chopped dill
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 piece fennel
100 ml vinegar
100 g powdered caster sugar
300 ml water
- First make the pickled fennel, by mixing the ingredients for the 1-2-3 syrup in a small pan. Heat and let it boil. Stir and let cool. Cut the fennel thinly using either a knife or mandolin. Place fennel in the syrup to pickle for at least 30 min before serving.
- Roughly dice the haddock fillets and then in a blender, mix them into a batter with eggs and spices. Shape 4 patties.
- Roe sauce: Mince or finely dice the red onion and dill. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut potatoes in half. Top with rapeseed oil and salt. Then cook in the oven at 200 degrees until they are golden brown.
- Pan-fry your haddock patties in butter for 2-3 minutes on each side. Then start to build your burger firstly with a generous layer of roe sauce on one half of the bun.
- Then add the lettuce, tomato, haddock burger and fennel.
- Serve (with your potatoes if you wish) and enjoy!
You can make the pickled fennel, roe sauce and the haddock patties (store them in the fridge) in advance.