Explore Cape Town and Johannesburg with your family this winter
City Sightseeing is introducing unbeatable Winter Specials this season, ensuring South African families are getting to experience the best Cape Town and Johannesburg have to offer. Ticket holders will get to experience the wonders of Cape Town’s iconic sights and Johannesburg’s famous landmarks, with children 4 -17 years of age, now enjoying the sightseeing bus tours for only R49. This is a saving of over R100 per person, with kids under the age of four travelling for free.
For every adult ticket purchased for only R275, up to two kids get to travel for only R49 each. With convenient hop-on, and hop-off options and over 30 stops across three route loops in Cape Town and multiple stops across two route loops in Johannesburg, the family can explore the best of Cape Town and Johannesburg at their own pace. There is also onboard commentary, in 15 languages plus a kid’s channel.
This offer is only valid from now until 29 September 2023.
City Sightseeing offers hop-on hop-off bus tours in Cape Town and Johannesburg seven days a week, throughout the year, come rain or shine, arriving at each stop at regularly scheduled intervals. Guests are encouraged to hop off the bus throughout the tour and explore the many attractions and experiences along the way.
The open-top tours are a delight for anyone wanting a safe, fun and informative introduction to the city, whether a lone traveler to South Africa, travelling with some local friends, a mom with kids or a grandparent on a weekend outing with the grandkids.
Top tips to experience the best that City Sightseeing has to offer this winter:
- Remember to layer your tops from a normal tee shirt right through to your rain jacket and cap. Cape Town is famous for its ever-changing weather, and it can be 7 degrees in the morning and 27 by lunchtime. In Johannesburg, on the other hand, you are more likely to experience a cold and dry winter, so several layers are key, especially on the open top of the bus.
- Sunscreen! The winter sun can be deceiving, and you are sure to get a sunburn. Always include 50 SPF sunscreen in your travel bag for the day.
- Even though it might be winter it is still important to stay hydrated. Make sure you keep hydrated throughout the tour. City Sightseeing also offers recyclable water bottles from their kiosks.
- Listen to the commentary. South Africa’s stories are a huge part of what makes up the culture. Listen, be mindful and embrace our history! Kids love the open-top buses, and they have a special commentary channel (in English) just for them.
- Hop on and off as you please, you are sure to have an amazing, unforgettable day.
The Cape Town City Sightseeing has three routes which are all included in the ticket.
- The Red City tour to Table Mountain
- The Blue Mini Peninsula Tour via Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens, the Constantia Wine Region, Hout Bay and back along the beautiful coast.
- The Purple Wine tour through the Constantia wine area
The Johannesburg City Sightseeing includes two routes as part of the ticket, which include:
- The Green Tour takes you past Melrose Arch, Mandela Foundation, Constitution Hill, and the Joburg Zoo.
- The Red City Tour goes through the Mining District, to Gold Reef City, Apartheid Museum, and Newtown amongst other stops.