Did you know that nearly 80 percent of your immune system is housed in your gut? The gastrointestinal tract hosts trillions of microorganisms collectively called the gut microbiome. These microbes help break down food, produce vitamins and minerals, and regulate the digestive system. Additionally, they play a crucial role in regulating the immune system.
When there is an imbalance in your gut, such as an overgrowth of “bad” bacteria, it can confuse your immune system causing it to start attacking your own cells. If your immune system is busy reacting to healthy cells, not only is it easier for you to get sick, but it’s also harder for your body to recover.
Kiko Vitals Heal Your Gut Duo assist in maintaining the balance and health of your digestive system is important to protect your immune system. This powerful duo has a complete 360 approach to healing and balancing your gut biome, calming inflammation, repairing your gut barrier and assisting with IBS, leaky gut, digestion and bloating. The Gut Healing Duo comprises your daily ‘Prebiotic + Probiotic’ alongside their best seller: Debloat + Gut Glow.
Kiko Vitals Debloat + Gut Glow achieves incredible results in targeting the areas of our wellness that result in instant bloat relief, alleviates puffiness and water retention.Our vast microbiomes can be found as part of the urogenital system, the respiratory system, the digestive system, the eyes and the mouth. They play a key role in protection, digestion, production of vitamins, regulation of the immune function and metabolism of toxins.
Kiko Vitals Prebiotic + Probiotic includes strains of bacteria that have been clinically proven to not only ease digestion and increase folate production but also to contribute to cardiovascular health and improve skin health. One of these strains is Lactobacillus, which is pivotal in the overall functioning of the microbial species. It produces many substances that influence the environment by producing lactic acid, which other microbes can thrive on. It also contains a multi-strain blend of probiotic bacteria and over 20 billion colony-forming units (CFU) per serving. The CFU count is an important marker of the potency and effectiveness of a probiotic supplement. CFU refers to the number of viable bacterial cells present in a supplement at manufacture. A higher CFU count generally indicates a more potent and effective supplement.
The Heal Your Gut Duo is specially formulated to work together, providing a synergistic effect that improves gut health, enhances nutrient absorption, and supports the immune system.
Six ways Kiko Vitals recommend to keep your gut bacteria happy and support your immunity this winter:
1. Dry Brushing. The lymphatic system is responsible for removing toxins and waste from the body, including the gut. Dry brushing stimulates the lymphatic system by boosting circulation and promoting lymphatic drainage, which helps to remove toxins from the body and supports overall health and immunity. Additionally, dry brushing can help to promote relaxation, reduce stress levels, and improve skin health, all of which can indirectly support gut health.
2. Eat fermented foods such as kimchi, sauerkraut, kombucha, yoghurt and kefir. These are important as they are sources of healthy bacteria.
3. Get enough prebiotic fibre. Prebiotic fibre foods are essential because they feed those healthy bacteria and encourage them to grow. Gut-friendly prebiotic fibres include fruit and vegetables, especially Jerusalem artichokes, asparagus, onions and garlic, tomatoes (see below), whole grains and legumes.
4. Choose vegetables in a range of different colours. These contain essential antioxidants called polyphenols that activate pathways to help reduce your body’s inflammatory response. They are also rich in insoluble fibre that your body can’t ordinarily break down. This is not only good for feeding gut bacteria, but it also helps material move through the gut.
5. Exercise. That daily run or walk is essential to the health of your gut and the rest of your physical and mental well-being. So you must do something mildly strenuous every day. Exercise gets your blood circulating, and bouncing up and down helps move things through the gut.
6. Limit refined carbohydrates and processed, fried and high-sugar foods. These can lead to an imbalance of bacteria in the gut.
Incorporating Kiko Vitals Heal Your Gut Duo and a healthy lifestyle can help maintain good gut health and boost immunity against diseases and infections this winter.
Shop Kiko Vitals Heal Your Gut Duo from their online store.