There is no doubt that the cost of living has increased, forcefully nudging us to give up on some our personal comforts and luxuries. “Higher prices are making those guilty pleasures – a choccie, a cup of quality coffee, or even a quick pop out for a slice of cake – unachievable, taking the pleasure out of those moments and leaving the guilt,” comments Matthew Dees, senior brand manager for Jacobs coffee. “Living without those small moments of joy is not easy, and constantly checking the price of goods you used to enjoy, is extremely disheartening.”
Learning how to live on a smaller budget and still enjoy those pleasures just as before is possible, it just requires some creativity and a shift in perspective. For example, when it comes to enjoying your coffee fix, make your own coffee at home and take it with you in a thermal cup. This way you are not tempted to stop and purchase a takeaway coffee. Also, if you find your favourite coffee is disappearing at work (even though you have marked it with your name in bright colours) take a smaller coffee jar, such as the new Jacobs 47,5g jar. This is easy to hide in your desk, laptop bag or even your jacket pocket – no one will know or help themselves. This Jacobs 47,5 jar is also perfect to keep at home, especially when you need to top-up your coffee supply mid-month before next month’s shop – it is cost effective and still allows you to enjoy your favourite cup of coffee.
“Feeling upset about not being able to afford everything you used to is natural, but sometimes all you need is a new way to look at what you have and how to make the most out of it,” explains Dees:
- Practice gratitude and focus on the positive aspects of your life and appreciate what you have. Express gratitude for the simple things.
- Instead of seeking happiness through material goods, invest in experiences that bring you joy. Spend time with loved ones, engage in hobbies, explore nature, or participate in community events. Nurture and invest in relationships with family and friends. Engage in activities together that don’t require significant financial resources, such as game nights, picnics, or volunteering.
- Happiness can be found in the small pleasures of everyday life. Take notice of beautiful sunsets, enjoy a cup of Jacobs coffee, read a book, listen to music, or engage in activities that bring you joy and don’t require spending money.
- Taking care of yourself physically, emotionally, and mentally is essential. Engage in activities like exercise, meditation, journaling, or pursuing hobbies that help you relax, reduce stress, and maintain a positive mindset.
- Work out a budget and stick to it. Focus on needs rather than wants and avoid unnecessary expenses. Living within your means reduces financial stress and allows you to make the most of your resources.
With a few small adjustments to your life and your perspective, a smaller budget due to the growing cost of items can be managed. A small Jacobs jar still delivers the same quality taste and aroma experienced as the bigger jar. This is a change in mindset with the same result.
The Jacobs 47,5g jar is available in Gold and Kronung, is available at all major retailers for between R39,99 and R49,99
For more information about Jacobs please click on the below: