A delightful twist on your classic coffee experience. This delicious Whipped Coffee Cocktail recipe curated by the talented Thando Manyoni from @Expressoshow is perfect for a cosy evening in or a special treat with a loved one, this creation brings together the rich flavours of Jacobs Kronung Freeze Dried Instant Coffee, the creamy allure of Amarula, and the smoothness of milk, resulting in a refreshingly easy yet luxurious beverage.
The combination of coffee ice cubes, velvety Amarula milk, and a frothy whipped coffee topping creates a symphony of flavours and textures that will awaken your taste buds in every sip.
With just a few simple steps, you can elevate your coffee game and savour a moment of pure indulgence.
Recipe by Thando Manyoni @Expressoshow
MINUTES 20 minutes + 2-3 hours freezing time
For the ice cubes:
4 Tbsp Jacobs Kronung Freeze Dried Instant Coffee
4 tsp sugar
For the Amarula milk:
1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
For the whipped coffee:
2 Tbsp hot water
2 Tbsp Jacobs Kronung Freeze Dried Instant Coffee
2 Tbsp honey
- For the coffee ice cubes, combine the coffee and sugar in a jug and add 2 cups of water. Stir to dissolve.
- Pour the coffee into an ice cube tray. Place the tray in the freezer for 2+ hours or until frozen.
- Combine the milk, vanilla essence and Amarula in a jug.
- In a bowl, combine the hot water, coffee and honey. Whisk with an electric beater or whisk until frothy.
- Once the coffee cubes have frozen, place a generous amount of ice cubes in two mugs, top with the Amarula milk and spoon over the whipped coffee.
- Stir gently and enjoy!