Indulge in the harmonious blend of rich coffee and nutty hazelnut flavors with these delightful Coffee and Hazelnut Cookies. Crafted by the talented Thando Manyoni of @Expressoshow, this recipe promises a batch of 24-28 cookies that perfectly balance ease of preparation with irresistible taste.
MINUTES 1 hour
AMOUNT 24-28 cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 ¼ cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sea salt
¼ cup Jacobs Gold Freeze Dried Instant Coffee
½ cup melted milk chocolate
½ cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped Flaked salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add the instant Jacobs coffee, mix and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars using an electric whisk until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
4. Whisk in 1 egg at a time and then the vanilla essence until incorporated.
5. Stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture until thoroughly combined.
6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill dough for 30 minutes.
7. Scoop 2 tablespoons of dough into your hands and roll into a bowl.
8. Place the dough ball onto the baking tray, leaving space between each for spreading during baking. 9. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until the edges start to brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking tray, do not overbake.
10. Dip the cooled cookies halfway in the melted chocolate, sprinkle over the hazelnuts and flaked salt on the melted chocolate.
NOTESIf your cookies aren’t perfectly round, use a cookie cutter or glass to reshape them by swirling them in the cutter as soon as they come out the oven. Do not overbake. The cookies may not look done in the middle, but they will continue to cook as they are cooling.