Ingredients (Serves 4)
15ml + 15ml olive oil
4 thick chicken breast fillets
2 garlic cloves, crushed
300g portabellini mushrooms
15ml cake flour
250ml chicken stock
80g parmesan cheese, grated
½ bunch spinach, chopped
milled black pepper
10ml lemon zest
30ml flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat 15ml oil in a casserole and season each chicken breast with paprika.
- Sear the chicken breasts for 3 – 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil and fry the garlic and mushrooms.
- Return the chicken breasts to the casserole and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan stir in the flour until it thickens.
- Whisk in the chicken stock, cream, half of the Parmesan cheese and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Return the casserole to the stove and pour the cream sauce over the top. Cover and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes, or until the chicken breasts are tender.
- Add the spinach and let simmer for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Season well with pepper, and add the lemon zest, parsley and top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.