An easy three-step recipe
09 June 2020: With the introduction of a national lockdown over two months ago, increasingly more South Africans showed a keenness in exploring and expanding upon their love for food and trying new recipes. Now, as the country slowly eases back into a “new normal” of level three, Jungle wants to encourage consumers to hold onto their new-found foodie skills and make cooking or baking with family at home part of their new normal.
Leading up to the weekend, South Africa’s iconic Oats brand, Jungle, is sharing this super easy three-step recipe for date balls using their low-in-sugar, high-in-energy breakfast cereal, Jungle Crunchalots. These balls are also packed with dietary fibre and nine essential vitamins to keep you and your kids fuelled for the whole day.
Go on, give this goodness-packed recipe a try.
CRUNCHALOTS DATE BALLS
What do you need?
- 2 cups Jungle Crunchalots (pick your favourite flavour)
- 60g Jungle Oats
- 50g almonds
- 100g dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup desiccated coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 4 tbs orange juice
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse on high, adding enough orange juice until the mixture comes together and is sticky.
- If you’ve added too much fruit juice, add more Oats.
- Roll the mixture into balls and roll into coconut.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy with your family #DoLifeWithHeart