Delicious, nutritious and deceptively simple recipes to guide you on your path of leading a healthy lifestyle through good eating.
250 g chickpea pasta
150 g baby spinach
600 g small exotic or multi-coloured
8 red salad onions/scallions,
chopped (leaves included)
120 g sundried tomatoes, chopped
handful chopped fresh parsley
30 g wild rocket
50 g diced or flaked almonds
fresh micro herbs for garnishing
1 heaped tsp crushed garlic
2 tsp Oryx desert salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
5 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp raw honey
3 Tbsp sesame seeds
1. Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions. Drain and allow to cool.
2. Place the baby spinach in a large mixing bowl and pour hot water over it. Set aside for 5–10 minutes to wilt, then drain well, chop and return to the bowl.
3. Add the tomatoes, onions, sundried tomatoes, parsley and rocket to the spinach.
4. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, mixing well until the honey dissolves and then pour over the salad. Add the pasta and almonds and mix well.
5. Garnish with micro herbs and refrigerate until needed. This is best served after 2 days.