Halo Heritage’s Boity Pink Sapphire – an elegant fine fragrance proudly made in South Africa
Boity Pink Sapphire, by Halo Heritage, is the first ever fine fragrance created and named for a Black South African celebrity, Boity Thulo.
Pink Sapphire also reflects the unique beauty of one of the world’s rarest gemstones. This ultra-modern fragrance with its poetic balance of floral and mineral notes was carefully formulated by one of the finest perfumers in France but is proudly crafted on South African soil, echoing the sensuality and strength of this great continent. This fresh, clean, delicate scent boosts your confidence and leaves a lasting impression.
Regarded as an ode to powerful, modern, African queens, the Eau de Parfum is now available in a range of sizes so keep your 100ml signature bottle in pride of place on your dressing table and add a 50ml, 25ml or 15ml vial to your handbag or your luggage for that last minute freshening up before that important meeting.
Boity Pink Sapphire is available via Haloheritage.com, Superbalist, Takealot, Clicks online and selected stores nationally and other key retailers.
Boity Pink Sapphire Fragrance Notes:
· Top Notes: Tangerine, Sugar, Wild Marigold
· Heart Notes: Jasmine, French Lavender, Amber
· Base Notes: Salt, Moss, Cedarwood
Understanding your fragrance
Fragrance has three layers – the top note, the heart note and the base note.
A top note is the scent you smell immediately after spritzing – they can be floral, spicy, woody or citrusy. When the top notes fade, the heart note kicks in. The base note infuses with the heart note to create the body of the fragrance.
In short, when people comment on how fabulous you smell, it’s the base note that provides that lasting impression.
Boity Thulo’s tips on how to wear Perfume to make it last longer
- Apply after a bath or shower and make sure your skin is already dry before spritzing.
- A well moisturised skin keeps the scent for longer so apply fragrance after using an unscented lotion. You can also apply a little bit of Vaseline to the chosen points before your perfume.
- Apply your perfume to your pulse points — namely, the inner wrists, the base of the throat, behind ear lobes, in the cleavage. As you wear your perfume throughout the day, it will react with your body heat and continue to emit scent.
- Hold the bottle 5-7 inches away from you and spray on your skin – not your clothes (because it could stain) and avoid spraying it on your jewellery.
- Don’t rub your wrists together – rather let the fragrance dry on your skin. The friction can accelerate evaporation and dull the top notes (the smell you enjoy when you first spritz your fragrance and usually the reason you bought it).