15ml red wine vinegar
1 red onion, sliced
2 readymade naan breads
10ml olive oil
Salt & milled black pepper
10ml ginger, finely grated
5ml garlic, crushed
250g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
30ml tandoori curry paste
100ml smooth cream cheese
15ml white and/or black toasted sesame seeds
a few fresh coriander leaves
some lime wedges
- Place the vinegar, sugar and onion slices in a non-metallic bowl. Stir to combine and set aside for 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the naan breads on a baking sheet, brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the balance of the oil in a pan and gently fry the ginger and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the tandoori curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- To assemble, spread the cream cheese over the warm naan bases. Drain the onions and scatter over the naans. Top with the mushrooms, sesame seeds and fresh coriander.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges.